Art StudiosCommunal Studios for Studio Access Holders
Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program (REP) at Casa
Starting September 20th,Studio Access Users entering Casa will need to provide proof of vaccination status, or proof of a negative rapid COVID test taken within 72 hours. The REP is outlined by Alberta Health Services here: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx.
Until October 25, 2021 proof of single dose is acceptable, as long as you’ve received this dose 2 weeks prior to your arrival at Casa. Full vaccination is required after October 25, 2021 to continue access to Studio Spaces at Casa.
Once your vaccination status has been verified, Studio Users that possess a fob will be able to access the building through the locked secondary door (WEST entrance). Individuals preferring to proceed with the rapid testing model will need to provide negative test proof for each visit and access the building through the Primary Entrance (EAST entrance).
Please note the masks are now mandatory throughout the building.
Casa is a unique, cross-disciplinary facility in North America. Studio spaces for textiles, printmaking, photography, woodworking, sculpture, pottery, printmaking and 2-D media allow artists to create 7 days a week. Specialized equipment for art creation and studio safety are specific to each space. Move your art practice beyond the kitchen table.
Studio Access Passes
Visual art studio space is available for individuals to work independently in their preferred art discipline. A brief consultation with a studio technician is required to demonstrate a sufficient level of proficiency regarding the use of tools and specialized studio equipment.
*(must show valid Post-Secondary ID)
Safety and Security
Safety & Security are prime considerations in this community facility. Key elements of our Safety and Security Program are:
- Casa staff are available to provide assistance during regular hours of operation and are prepared to deal with emergency situations
- First Aid Certified staff are available during hours of operation
- Common areas and washroom are monitored regularly by Casa staff
- Individuals behaving in an inappropriate or harassing manner will be asked to leave the building
- The police will be notified and a permanent ban from Casa will result in the event of illegal activity
- Receptacles have been placed in the washrooms for safe disposal of sharps and needles
- Appropriate information and safety packages and equipment available in all studios
- Facility attendants and/or technicians available during regular hours of operation
- Demonstrated proficiency and studio orientation required for studio access
- Traceable key fob for building and studio access
- A buddy system is recommended for after-hours studio access